Sunday, December 19, 2004

Loneliness

So I think I can tell why single women can get caught up with married men. I recently had a man suddenly show me attention. So much so that it became obvious from one social event to the next of his attraction. I had never given him more then a glance because he was married. But this one moment where he made it a point to come over and speak my name and joked about his baby boy taking after him as a flirt. I mean it was harmless talk but something in his look made me notice. And from that point on every time I saw him I noticed that he'd gotten bolder and bolder to come and speak to me. And today was no exception. I saw him this morning and he grabbed onto my hand when I said my hellos. Little touches, carresses on my back, things that married men don't usually do to other women besides their wife. I was a bit uncomfortable this morning and even wondered if I had been giving wrong signals. I mean I was/am flattered, but also bewildered. I kept my distance the rest of the morning. This evening I saw him again, but this time I noticed that I had wanted to look extra nice. I mean it felt good to have a man notice me. But how sad. He's a married man! How desperate does that make me? So this is where I can see how single girls can get involved with married men. They like the attention. As I did. But at this point, it proved a point that I want to keep my distance and will keep my distance. Once I realized I was primping, I knew I had a problem. So here I am feeling foolish.

No comments: